Sue Goetz, LCSW
Adolescent, Adult & Family Counselor
EMDR Trained Psychotherapist
Common reasons for seeking counseling (adolescent)
- Withdrawal from family and friends, spending more time in their room
- Sudden decline in grades or school performance
- Significant changes in weight, appetite, energy level and/or sleep habits
- Disrespect and defiance at home or school
- Difficulty concentrating or remembering things
- Change in peer group
- Not seeming as happy as they used to be
- Major life transitions
– this website will give you more information about EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), a therapeutic approach in which I am trained.
– this website has links for more information including teenage depression, substance use, and eating disorders
– specific mental health concerns (e.g., Depression, Bipolar Disorder)
- the California coalition for youth provides a 24 hour toll free number for teens in crisis or their parents who need crisis support for their teen.