Are you living the life you want to live right now? Or Is stress, anxiety, or grief getting in the way? Are you, “in your head” a lot, ruminating about your relationships? work? the future? Maybe a friend or family member has told you that what you’re feeling is ‘normal’ and so you’ve been trudging along… but you have to hope that there’s more to life than this.
I’d like to help. I love working with adults of all ages and from all walks of life. Therapy can help with the things that are bothering you or that are keeping you from being successful in important areas of your life. When we meet, I listen to you, ask questions, and help guide you on a path toward solutions in a way that resonates with you, not a “one size fits all” / “do these four steps” solution. Meeting with me can help you see difficult issues in a new light, find solutions that may have escaped your notice, and increase fulfillment in your interpersonal relationships, all in a safe, judgment-free environment for this work to take place.
Some of the reasons people come to me for counseling:
- Anxiety or depression – not seeming as happy as you used to be or as fulfilled as you would like to be, or feeling anxious and stressed a lot
- Life Transitions – such as a divorce, break-up, being new to town, a new job, or marriage
- Grief and Traumatic Grief – psychotheraby and EMDR can be a really improtant part of dealing with this huge loss
- Stepmoms and Stepfamily Life / Blending Issues – get support, understanding, and strategies for your unique family situation
- Relationships – whether experiencing distress or ambivalence in a current relationship or wanting to take those next steps to finding and growing a healthy relationship
- College and Career – seeking ways to deal with work stress and the decisions you face in your professional life
- HSPs (Highly Sensitive Persons) – people who identify as sensitive
- Other Psychotherapists/ Mental Health Professionals – therapists need therapists too, right? I love doing this kind of support as well
- http://thework.com/en – this is author Byron Katie’s site, from whom I draw some of my therapy approach. Byron Katie’s “The Work” is a process of inquiry into our stressful thoughts.
- https://www.actmindfully.com.au/acceptance_&_commitment_therapy – this website explains Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, which I also draw from in my work with clients
- http://self-compassion.org/category/exercises/ – this page has guided meditations and exercises for increasing self-compassion, from the work of Dr. Kristen Neff
- www.emdria.org – this website will give you more information about EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), a therapeutic approach in which I am trained.